Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Housekeeping

If you're new here, take a look at this post, below, for information about what's going on here.

After a few days of trying to keep up with people's pictures by following the links on the next page, it has occurred to me that it would be much easier if we could see when participating blogs have been updated.  There are 13 of us now, and that makes for a lot of blog-hopping.

Consequently, I've set up a widget in the sidebar that will update each time a new post is added to a blog.  Some blogs even show a thumbnail of the most recent picture (I think it has to be a Blogger blog in order for this feature to work.)

I hope this makes stalking each other viewing each other's pictures more fun and less of a chore!

Happy picture-taking!

3 comments:

  1. That sidebar is a great idea, Allison. Now I have a funny story: remember I told you that I made a blog on tumblr called Johnny365, submitted it to your links and then deleted it and decided to use my Flickr page instead? Well after deleting the tumblr blog, Pamela followed the original link to it on this page and told me it was still there. We found that later that first night, another person coincidentally created a 365 blog and used the exact same address that I had deleted: johnny365.tumblr.com. So that is not me, but some other random person you have linked on the right! My page is on Flickr and I do see it. The other Johnny put up only one picture so far. I'll let you decide whether to keep his link or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sidebar, Allison! I hope it wasn't a lot of work, but it does look great. And, very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, too funny. I actually have no memory of you telling me about a tumblr blog, but then there are a lot of things I should have a memory of that I don't. I have no idea who that guy is, but there are a couple of other people doing this that I don't know, so I just figured he'd decided it was a good idea and joined up, and just happened to have almost exactly the same blog name as yours. Maybe I'll go ahead and delete the link, then (if I can figure out how), since it was you that linked here and not him. Thanks for the heads up!

    And Mela, it was thankfully very easy to do. I like it much better. I'll be keeping the links page, though, since some blogs don't work as well with the sidebar thing.

    ReplyDelete